Friday, August 31, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #27 ~ Inspired by The Loft

There are three things I especially like about this outfit from The Loft:
*The bright flats peeking out from layers of neutral colors
*The casual gray skirt dressed up just enough to be seen in public
*the combination of cozy textures




Until stumbling across this outfit, my gray skirt was only worn to belly dance class. Afterwards, it lay sweaty and crumpled in the dirty clothes hamper for a week until I washed it for the next class.  Heather gray cotton reminds me of the cozy hoodies and t-shirts from high school track that I wore until the threads literally disintegrated and they had to be thrown away.  My mind immediately went to 'work out clothes' when I saw the color, but now I'm reconsidering...

Everything included in my version of the outfit is from Goodwill Outlet Center, for a total of less that five dollars.



Instead of layering tanks, tees, and sweaters like I do almost every day, I chose a cream colored button up with lace to add texture.  I love this top: its casual, but still so pretty.  Underneath is a basic white tank.  The necklace is a skinny gold strand with various beads and stones wrapped twice.  My green suede flats are from from the wedding post I wrote in July (if you liked the dress, then you might be happy to know that I just posted it on ETSY for sale).  The skirt has been around for ages: one of my most useful Outlet Center finds.

All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:

skirt, Old Navy
top, Edge
tank top, Hollister
necklace, No brand
shoes, Merona

No comments:

Post a Comment