Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 2 ~ 30 Days of Nothing Challenge

Day 2

Breakfast
French toast from yesterday.
This is the best french toast I've ever eaten in my life.  No joke.


Fun side note: that's me in the picture with my awesome friend Matt. This picture was actually taken just two years ago.  I had full-on metal braces at twenty-six.  It doesn't get much more awkward than this.


Lunch
Water, a bag of dried fruit and a giant baked potato slathered in delicious sour cream. I love sour cream, so I realized that I'll have to be more stingy with my precious supply if I want it to last for the month.


Dinner
Mexican Pizza and Avocado Summer Salad.  In my pre-vegetarian days, I adored Mexican pizzas from Taco Bell.  Since I stopped eating beef awhile back, I came up with this warm, cheesy, meatless version.  Its like Mexican comfort food.

When I have them around, I sometimes top the Mexican pizzas with olives, diced onion, sour cream, ranch dressing, red pepper, or Morningstar 'meat crumbles'.  The green onions are from the jar on my porch, but its time for me to give them a break and let them grow, so no green onions for a few days.  Here's the recipe I used tonight:


Ingredients (makes five servings):
1 package of wheat flour tortillas (10)
1 16oz. can of re-fried beans
about 15 Taco Bell sauce packets
1 tomato, diced (I don't have any fresh tomatoes, so I used half a can of diced tomatoes)
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup diced green onions

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Lay five tortillas on a baking sheet and spread re-fried beans on tortillas.
Place the remaining tortillas over the re-friend beans (like a re-friend bean sandwich).
Time for my secret ingredient: Taco Bell sauce packets.  Use three on each tortilla, and spread with a table knife.
Top with tomato, corn, cheese, green onions, and a pinch of black pepper.
Bake for ten minutes, cut into quarters with a pizza cutter, and serve.



This simple Summer salad was invented tonight as a way to use this avocado before it went bad.  Its quick to make and very good.  Here's what I used:

Ingredients (makes 3-4 servings)
1 avocado
1 16oz. can of black beans (I only used half a can)
1 tomato (or the other half of the can I used on the pizzas)
1 tsp. of fresh cilantro
1 tsp. of lemon juice
a dash of salt

Directions:
Open beans, drain and rinse (If you don't, the liquid will turn your salad gray).
Dice the avocado, tomato, and cilantro.
Mix ingredients and serve.   Mmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment