Friday, April 20, 2012

Good{will outlet} Friday #8 Carnival Ride

Carnivals seem almost magical to me.



I'm amazed when- in a matter of hours- a lonely parking lot is transformed into a brilliant show of blinking lights, noisy games, and laughter.  The portable rides unfold and come to life, filling the air with loud music and the excited shrieks of thrill seeking passengers.  Intoxicating scents float up from the carts, pulling in visitors to trade their tickets for elephant ears and cotton candy.  And then, after a short week, the trucks pack up and pull away quietly, leaving the parking to feel eerie and empty.  This week's outfit (everything purchased at Goodwill Outlet Center) was inspired by charming, free spirit of the carnival.

I suspect that this breezy tye dye scarf was handmade by someone crafty; the edges are unfinished and no brand tag could be found.  Its long and light, and looks much nicer than anything I've ever tried to tye dye.  The painted heart shirt also looks handmade, but it was produced that way by American Eagle.



I created the headband  by cutting strips from an Outlet Center t-shirt and securing it with a green hair clip.  To make your own, click here for the tutorial.

Have you ever plucked an article of clothing from the rack, held it up to yourself while saying, "Oh, this is cute," only to realize that it was a maternity garment?  This happened to me...several times.   Most of the time, I quickly toss it back, but these white beach pants are the exception.  Yup, that's right: maternity pants- big white waist band and all.    I debated for a second if I would actually wear them, but I really liked them. So here they are! The stretchy belly fabric folds down like the waist band on yoga pants.  Another example of open minded shopping (a MUST at the Outlet Center).

I have never been to Ecuador.  However, finding this purse makes me want to hop on a plane and go!  I love the fun design and bright colors of this little souvenir bag.  This pair of strappy black sandals are like new and very comfortable.  They are ideal for long walks and stay securely attached to feet, even if they are dangling from a spinning, swinging ride.


*These amazing photos were taken by by Molly Heaven-Hoyle. Contact her at mheavenhoyle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment